Top Ten Reasons Teravista Wins...Again...and Again...
Saturday, April 16, 2016
Teravista's original entrance on University Blvd. is framed by the golf course and lush landscaping.
The Club at Wildflower Park, opened in 2013, features gathering rooms, the community's second fitness center, and third pool complex.
Since 2002, Teravista has helped to establish the heart of new Round Rock, with its convenient location surrounded by recognized higher education, high tech and health care centers as well as diverse and vibrant shopping and dining. The community holds the distinct honor of being a five-time winner of Community of the Year, as named by the Home Builders Association of Greater Austin (2003, 2004, 2007, 2011 and 2013). Here are 10 reasons why Teravista continues to garner accolades:
1. The Teravista community is upscale in appearance and attracts shoppers who are driven by success, yet is attainable for a variety of buyers and incomes. All benefit from a distinctive combination of well-executed amenities and a landscaping palette that plays up views of the surrounding hills.
2. A community is made up of many homes, and at Teravista “home” encompasses more than just a place to sleep - it’s a cross-generational gathering spot, each family’s individual castle. While connected with an architectural palette that is native to Central Texas, the homes of Teravista proudly display a range of exterior facades. The result is a pleasing streetscape that values individuality while complementing the overall look and feel of the community. Outdoor living is key, and celebrated in backyard gathering spaces and intimate social niches that blend into the hills of Teravista, enhancing views of natural areas and the golf course. Natural stone, stucco and natural hues are welcomed for their simplicity and visual appeal. At Teravista, an engaging mix of elevations and floorplans reflects the diversity of the community’s residents and encourages a vibrant mix of homeowners.
3. Landscape is the ribbon that ties a community together. Fluidity in design and planting materials can create a cohesive aesthetic that serves to establish the community’s positioning. From its inception, the Teravista landscape has been characterized by well-executed, high-quality manicured lawns and formal gardens. While beautiful, this traditional landscape palette has required large amounts of water, conditioning and care. Teravista continues its commitment to the quality and execution of the past but now also integrates sustainable design and native plants and grasses. It will reflect the contemporary, casual yet well-kept lifestyle of its residents – blending the elevated aesthetics of formal landscaping with the sustainable principles of native plantings. As Teravista continues to develop, the landscape continues to grow with it, naturally maturing and evolving over time, integrating sustainable principles of good xeriscape design, including appropriate soil conditioners, native plants, and mulches.
4. Teravista residents embrace a lively social community network, with fun-filled events and activities of all sizes happening throughout the year. The neighborhood network, TeravistaTogether.com, keeps residents connected and updated on everything from community-wide celebrations to Teravista’s many clubs.
5. Nearly 10 miles of landscaped trails wind throughout the community, connecting six named parks. Each of the parks offers a unique experience—some with playscapes for active kids, fishing ponds, a mini soccer field, even a yoga park.
6. The existing Teravista Residents Club, opened in 2002, was the original hub for the active life in Teravista. The club includes an Event Room for large gatherings and Gathering Room for informal meetings or just for relaxing while kids can hang out in the newly-updated Kids Library. A fireplace and vaulted ceilings make for a dramatic yet warm environment. The Residents Club also offers a junior Olympic-sized pool and a children’s splash pool, a state-of-the-art fitness center, basketball, lighted tennis and sand volleyball courts, and an expansive playground.
7. A second club, The Retreat, offers another relaxing pool experience, with a submerged sun deck and outdoor fire pit.
8. Wildflower Park, opened in 2013, offers the third pool complex in Teravista. The amenity includes lap lanes and water play areas, generous deck space for lounging, and a covered pavilion and fireplace for poolside parties. Architecture derived from Hill Country vernacular—including a unique butterfly roof—makes The Club at Wildflower Park a standout. Residents can enjoy a comfortable and spacious gathering room, break room and a large fitness center. It’s all surrounded by a 1-mile crushed-granite walking trail meandering along native wildflower plantings, open play fields and Wildflower Pond with its amphitheater setting and relaxation dock. From the rear façade, scenic views extend into charming downtown Georgetown.
9. Unlike many communities, at Teravista the onsite Community Association office is staffed six days a week to keep it all running smoothly.
10. The Teravista Golf Course is the centerpiece of Teravista as it winds around the community, presenting the perfect backdrop for your home. The public course contains an 18-hole championship course and a GPS on every cart. There is an exceptional practice facility with 22,000-square-foot putting green and double-ended driving range—it’s the largest in Austin. The daily fee golf course offers discounted green fees, special events and priority reservations especially for residents. The Austin Business Journal named Teravista the area’s toughest public golf course in August 2012. Additional awards include “Seven Best Public Golf Awards by Avid Golfer 2004” and “Top Beginner- Friendly Course, National Golf Course Owners Association.” The onsite Caldwell Café serves hungry golfers and residents daily and hosts multiple tournaments, while the team at the Pro Shop is available to help with equipment and the latest golf fashions. Part of the Golf Club, the Ranch House at Teravista is historic landmark that looks over the 18th hole of the Golf Club. Listed on the National Registry of Historic Places, the beautiful Ranch House has been around for 150 years and was once a Civil War-era hospital. With views of emerald fairways, the back patio fire pit makes the Ranch House the perfect place for an intimate wedding or family gathering.
- Austin Public Library Makes List of World's 100 Greatest Places
- 4 ways to avoid neighborhood regret
- Georgetown enters 2019 with new projects on the way